Donate to Self Esteem Boston Today!
General Impact of CARES Act on Individuals and Nonprofit Organizations
The CARES Act (sometimes referred to as the “Federal Relief Bill,”) passed by the U.S. Congress and signed by the President on March 27, 2020 to address the economic impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), has the following important impacts on U.S. residents as well as nonprofits:
- U.S. residents may now make a monetary donation of up to $300 directly to a nonprofit, like Self Esteem Boston, and deduct it from their taxes
- Donations MUST BE made in 2020
- Individuals should give thought to if and how they can take advantage of this limited-time tax deduction to directly support nonprofits with missions that are of most importance to them
Impact of Global Health Pandemic and CARES Act on SELF ESTEEM BOSTON
Because of the stress and uncertainty that accompanies the world health pandemic, the at-risk women to whom we offer life skills development, self-esteem and confidence-building, and many other training and coaching services, are at increased risk of:
- relapsing related to past substance (drug and alcohol) abuse
- returning to old habits that haven’t served them well in the past, such as ineffective or unhealthy means of communicating or managing one’s daily life
- returning to unhealthy/dysfunctional relationships
- losing confidence that they know how to lead a good life and/or are worthy of one
Regardless of its size, we thank you for your donation that will allow us to continue to offer life-changing services to at-risk women during this very turbulent time in our country and world.
Recurring Donation Form